Thursday, April 20 to Sunday, April 23
Pam Stuart and Helen Disenhaus have put together a jam-packed, DC mini-reunion for the class of 1970 — and members of MHC DC are invited to take part!
If you’re interested in taking part in any of the activities below or have questions on any charges for an event, please contact Helen Disenhaus at email@example.com.
Please RSVP to Helen no later than Tuesday, April 18 if you’d like to attend any of these events.
Thursday, April 20
- 2:00 p.m. — Behind-the-Scenes tour of the National Gallery of Art with Judith Brodie ’74, Curator of Modern Prints and Drawing
- 5:30 p.m. — The Cosmos Club Class Cocktail Reception and Class Dinner with special guest speaker Adelle Banks ’74, a docent from the National Museum of African American History and Culture (extra charge)
Friday, April 21
- 10:30 a.m. — Docent-led tour of the Shakespeare Folger Library
- Noon — Class Lunch at the American Indian Museum Cafe ($20 charge)
- 1:00 p.m. — Tour of the American Indian Museum
- 3:00 p.m. — Tour of the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- 5:30 p.m. — Happy Hour (cash bar) at the Tadich Grill
Saturday. April 22
- 10:30 a.m. — Docent-led tour of the Phillips Collection’s Toulouse-Lautrec Exhibit ($13 charge)
- Noon — Class Lunch at the Kogod Courtyard ($15 charge)
- 1:00 p.m. — Docent-led tour of either the Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery or the Smithsonian American Museum of Art (choose one)
- 6:30 p.m. — Class Dinner at Cedar Restaurant (extra charge)
Sunday, April 23
- 10:00 a.m. — Docent-led tour of The Cosmos Club
- 11:00 a.m. — Brunch at The Cosmos Club (charged directly to you)
Saturday, May 6
We’re excited to celebrate the beginning of summer with a relaxing picnic gathering at Garfield Park in Washington, DC.
Bring your frisbees, your dogs (hopefully sporting some MHC DC dog collars!), your kids and your partners for burgers and fun with friends old and new!
Please contact Leslie Walbridge at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping to organize or volunteer the day of the event.
To get a ticket, click here.
Saturday, April 8
Dust off your mimosa glasses and get out those cucumber sandwich platters: zip code brunches are back!!!
Five alumnae have signed up to host zip code brunches at their homes. Brunches will be hosted in:
Click on the location above to RSVP!
Email Ann Croft ’95 at email@example.com if you are interested in hosting. The hostess need only supply her home and the basic necessities (plates, cups, forks, napkins, platters). Guests in her zip code who RSVP will sign up to bring food, treats, and drinks.
Tuesday, April 4
Local 16, 1602 U St. NW, Washington, DC
DC area alumni from the 5 Colleges will gather for an after-work happy hour to swap stories,
discuss life after college and fund raise for the organization Homework House in Holyoke, MA.
Bring $5 towards this good cause and enjoy catching up with others from the Happy Valley.
Sunday, April 2
Due to a number of activities in April and May, we’ll be hosting our next Roving M&Cs event in June.
If you are interested in hosting, please email Maiko Nakagaki at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, March 5, 2017
Did your boss just nominate you to coordinate your company’s fall conference? Are you planning a wedding? Did you just move and want to host a housewarming party to celebrate? Whatever is keeping you busy, some planning and organization is essential. Join the March 2017 Roving M&Cs on Sunday March 5 from 3 – 5 pm to learn from Carolyn Lvoff (08) who has worked almost a decade in the event / hospitality / marketing industry. She’ll teach you a few tricks of the trade and (hopefully) answer all of your questions. And who says cookie decorating is only for the holidays? There will also be an interactive cookie decorating station!
Carolyn has graciously volunteered to host the event at her place at 1111 25th Street, NW Washington, DC 20037 (Atlas Condominium).
RSVP below and bring snack or drink to share! If you have any questions please contact Maiko Nakagaki (email@example.com).
RSVP link: https://goo.gl/forms/JiaKhuzx4wy1quA12
Future M&Cs will feature a talk by an alumna on a subject of her choice. If you are interested in hosting or speaking, please email Maiko Nakagaki.
Sunday, March 25, 2017
DC is an expensive place to live. But it’s also an expensive place to eat, especially for those who are
food insecure. Come help organize and box food for those in need! The MHC DC Club will be heading to the Capital Area Food Bank for an afternoon of service.
Sign up is limited to 25 volunteers.
Please go to the following link CAFB Sign Up to create a login. Our event is registered as the “Mount Holyoke College DC Club”. Please create a volunteer profile, complete the 2 minute training, initial the waiver which will be signed on-site and then schedule yourself as a member of the Mount Holyoke College DC Club event.
Contact Julia Karron with any questions.